Yes, with ShieldPlatinum AHS covers 9 kitchen and laundry appliances that keep your home running! With your appliances covered, you’re covered for each covered malfunction up to $6,000. For covered breakdowns, if we can’t repair your appliance, we’ll replace it! We cover multiples of each item – like that extra fridge or a double oven, and we don’t care how old your appliances are – they’re covered.
1. Kitchen appliances include the following and covers all components and parts: refrigerators (except for free standing freezer, Multi-media centers, Wine chillers), ranges/oven/cooktops, dishwashers, built-in microwave ovens, garbage disposals, instant hot/cold water dispensers.
2. Laundry appliance includes the following and covers all components and parts: clothes washers/dryers.
Bonus – AHS will pay up to $1,000 for additional modifications, corrections of code violations, or permits are needed for duct, plenum, electrical, and plumbing for a covered appliance repair/replacement.
For full details on appliance coverage see our sample contract.
AHS does not require you to pay annual fees upfront and does not have additional fees for you to pay monthly. We keep your home up and running, and your budget on track !
With the ShieldPlatinum plan, you have the most comprehensive coverage AHS has to offer, coverage caps included ! There is no total cap you can hit in your contract, and we never limit the number of service requests you can make !
Most systems (like your AC/Heat, plumbing, or electrical items) have no maximum coverage limit with our contracts - that includes unlimited coverage for AC refrigerant (such as Freon or R-22), and every appliance is covered up to $6,000 per malfunction. Your roof leak repairs will be covered up to $1,500 per contract (one year).
Kitchen appliance includes the following and covers all components and parts: refrigerators (except for free standing freezer, Multi-media centers, Wine chillers), ranges/oven/cooktops, dishwashers, built-in microwave ovens, garbage disposals, instant hot/cold water dispensers.
● Laundry appliance includes the following and covers all components and parts: clothes washers/dryers.
● Roof leak repair coverage covers all types of roof leaks except for Metal roofs; partial or full green roofs (eco roofs); items penetrating the roof (such as skylights, chimneys, and vents); roof mounted installations (such as solar panels) and leaks associated with their attachment to the roof; gutters and downspouts. Roof Leak Repair coverage is not available in Hawaii.
Some exceptions to know about when you comparison shop:
● For geothermal, water source or glycol AC and Heat systems, your coverage cap is $1,500.
● If plumbing or ductwork is only accessible through concrete, we cover up to $1,000 each (one cap for plumbing, and one cap for ductwork) for that work (including access and returning the space to a rough finish when we’re done).
● If additional modifications, corrections of code violations, or permits are needed to duct, plenum, electrical, and plumbing for a covered repair – AHS will pay up to $1,000 with ShieldPlatinum.
ShieldPlatinum covers all 14 major home systems in ShieldSilver and 9 critical kitchen and laundry appliances in ShieldGold + provides coverage boosts1 a free HVAC Tune-Up2 and roof leak repair coverage3.
1. Coverage boosts:
● ShieldPlatinum offers double appliance coverage of six thousand dollars ($6,000) per Covered Item malfunction for access, diagnosis, and repair/replacement of any covered Appliance (vs. $3,000 coverage for ShieldGold).
● ShieldPlatinum covers up to $1,000 in modifications, code required changes, or permit fees gives you peace of mind – especially in older homes where code requirements have changed. Without home warranty modification coverage, this work costs $650 as a national average, but with ShieldPlatinum are covered up to $1,000.
● With ShieldPlatinum, 100% of refrigerant costs are covered. AC Refrigerant (such as Freon, R-22 or R-410A) vary widely by season and state, but most AC units require up to 10 pounds to repair, this means without a home warranty, you could be paying $540 - $810 for refrigerant needed to get your AC working.
2. ShieldPlatinum offers 1 Free HVAC Tune-Up per contract term to get your A/C or heater checked before the season kicks in !
3. Roof Leak Repair is an additional $10 as an add-on option on our lower 2 plans. With the ShieldPlatinum bundle, you get the value of a free HVAC Tune-Up (costs $75 for members on other plans), PLUS all 3 coverage boosts above to protect your budget from surprise costs for only an additional $5 a month (Compared to buying ShieldGold + the Roof Leak Repair optional coverage).
ShieldPlatinum prices vary depending on what state you are in and your property type – coverage for a four-plex is more than for a single family home for example – so you know you’re getting the best deal for your needs. That’s why we need your address to show accurate prices. ShieldPlatinum is always priced $15 above ShieldGold plan – bringing you value with Roof Leak Repair protection, a free AC or Heat tune up, and additional coverage for refrigerant, modifications and more.
You can pick your price for ShieldPlatinum by customizing your Service Fee, $75, $100, or $125. Paying more for each service request lowers your monthly contract cost or with a higher monthly contract price, you can pay less for each service.
To get your personalized quote, shop plans now.
Yes. For covered malfunctions, AHS will repair or replace the appliance. We’ll even pay to haul away your old defective unit. AHS has the sole right to determine, according to the terms of this contract, whether a covered item will be repaired or replaced.
When making repairs, AHS reserves the right to rebuild existing parts or components and/or to install rebuilt parts or components.
When making replacements, AHS is responsible for installing replacement equipment and parts of similar features, capacity, and efficiency, but not for matching dimensions, brand or color. AHS is not responsible for matching any features of an existing item that does not contribute to the primary function of that item.
AHS will not repair or replace malfunctions covered by a manufacturer, distributor, builder, or an extended warranty
Your effective contract date begins 30 days after your order. When you buy online, the date your plan starts shows on the confirmation page and in your email confirmation!
We don’t charge you until your coverage starts, but you can still set up your customer MyAccount to keep your service history organized, and access maintenance services and member benefits.
You may also request a delayed start date by contacting us at 888.682.1043.