Comprehensive Coverage for Home Systems, Appliances and More
With the ShieldPlatinum plan, you get coverage for just about everything: key parts of 23 major home systems and appliances, including heating and cooling, electrical, and plumbing systems; kitchen and laundry appliances; plus premium features, like roof leak repair and a free annual HVAC tune-up.
See the plan agreement for coverage details, including service fees, limitations and exclusions. Coverage limits and charges for non-covered items may apply.
*American Home Shield will cover up to $1,000 should the contractor need to cut through concrete to access any system components, Geothermal A/C systems also have a coverage limit of $1,500.
What's Included? We help you pay to repair or replace the items listed below and connect you with experienced Pros. It's a win-win for your home and budget.
*See the plan agreement for coverage details, including service fees, limitations and exclusions. Coverage limits and charges for non-covered items may apply.
Without a home warranty, it can cost a lot to repair or replace the systems you rely on.
Repair/replacement cost is the eightieth percentile as reported in a nationwide survey of homeowners conducted in 2022 by ClearVantage for American Home Shield.
You can add these options to any of our home warranty plans for an additional cost:
Additional coverage availability varies by location and property type. See the plan agreement for coverage details, including service fees, limitations and exclusions. Coverage limits and charges for non-covered items may apply.
More than 2 million members trust us to protect their home and budget.
AHS Member, 14 Years
AHS Member, 14 Years
AHS Member, 10 Years
AHS Member, 25 Years
AHS Member, 25 Years
People across the country love the protection an American Home Shield® home warranty provides, and our testimonials prove it.
As seen on
Designing Spaces with Matt Blashaw
Learn more about the benefits of American Home Shield and why it’s a smart solution for every homeowner:
Yes, with ShieldPlatinum AHS covers 9 kitchen and laundry appliances that keep your home running! With your appliances covered, you’re covered for each covered malfunction up to $4,000. For covered breakdowns, if we can’t repair your appliance, we’ll replace it! We cover multiples of each item – like that extra fridge or a double oven, and we don’t care how old your appliances are – they’re covered.
1. Kitchen appliances include the following and covers all components and parts: refrigerators (except for free standing freezer, Multi-media centers, Wine chillers), ranges/oven/cooktops, dishwashers, built-in microwave ovens, garbage disposals, instant hot/cold water dispensers.
2. Laundry appliance includes the following and covers all components and parts: clothes washers/dryers.
Bonus – AHS will pay up to $250 for additional modifications, corrections of code violations, or permits are needed for duct, plenum, electrical, and plumbing for a covered appliance repair/replacement.
For full details on appliance coverage see our sample contract.
AHS does not require you to pay annual fees upfront and does not have additional fees for you to pay monthly. We keep your home up and running, and your budget on track !
With the ShieldPlatinum plan, you have the most comprehensive coverage AHS has to offer, coverage caps included! There is a $50,000 aggregate limit* see contract for details, and we never limit the number of service requests you can make!
Most systems (like your AC/Heat, plumbing or electrical items) have a $5,000 coverage limit per agreement term with our contracts. That includes unlimited coverage for AC refrigerant (such as Freon or R-22), and every appliance is covered up to $4,000 per malfunction. Your roof leak repairs will be covered up to $1,000 per contract (one year).
Kitchen appliance includes the following and covers all components and parts: refrigerators (except for free standing freezer, Multi-media centers, Wine chillers), ranges/oven/cooktops, dishwashers, built-in microwave ovens, garbage disposals, instant hot/cold water dispensers.
● Laundry appliance includes the following and covers all components and parts: clothes washers/dryers.
● Roof leak repair coverage covers all types of roof leaks except for Metal roofs; partial or full green roofs (eco roofs); items penetrating the roof (such as skylights, chimneys, and vents); roof mounted installations (such as solar panels) and leaks associated with their attachment to the roof; gutters and downspouts. Roof Leak Repair coverage is not available in Hawaii.
Some exceptions to know about when you comparison shop:
● For geothermal, water source or glycol AC and Heat systems, your coverage cap is $1,500.
● If plumbing or ductwork is only accessible through concrete, we cover up to $1,000 each (one cap for plumbing, and one cap for ductwork) for that work (including access and returning the space to a rough finish when we’re done).
● If additional modifications, corrections of code violations, or permits are needed to duct, plenum, electrical, and plumbing for a covered repair – AHS will pay up to $1,000 with ShieldPlatinum.
*See our sample contract.
Shield Platinum covers all 14 major home systems in Shield Silver and 9 critical kitchen and laundry appliances in Shield Gold + provides coverage boosts, +1 free HVAC Tune-Up and roof leak repair coverage.
1. Coverage boosts:
● ShieldPlatinum offers double appliance coverage of four thousand dollars ($4,000) per Covered Item malfunction for access, diagnosis, and repair/replacement of any covered Appliance (vs. $2,000 coverage for ShieldGold).
● ShieldPlatinum covers up to $250 in modifications, code required changes, or permit fees gives you peace of mind – especially in older homes where code requirements have changed.
● With Shield Platinum, 100% of refrigerant costs are covered. AC Refrigerant (such as Freon, R-22 or R-410A) vary widely by season and state, but most AC units require up to 10 pounds to repair, this means without a home warranty, you could be paying $540 - $810 for refrigerant needed to get your AC working.
2. Shield Platinum offers 1 Free HVAC Tune-Up per contract term to get your A/C or heater checked before the season kicks in!
3. Roof Leak Repair is an additional $10 as an add-on option on our lower 2 plans. With the ShieldPlatinum bundle, you get the value of a free HVAC Tune-Up, PLUS all 3 coverage boosts above to protect your budget from surprise costs for only an additional price a month (Compared to buying ShieldGold + the Roof Leak Repair optional coverage).
Shield Platinum prices vary depending on what state you are in, home square footage, and your property type – coverage for a four-plex is more than for a single family home for example – so you know you’re getting the best deal for your needs. That’s why we need your address to show accurate prices. Shield Platinum is always priced above Shield Gold plan – bringing you value with Roof Leak Repair protection, a free AC or Heat tune up, and additional coverage for refrigerant, modifications and more.
You can pick your price for ShieldPlatinum by customizing your Service Fee. Paying more for each service request lowers your monthly contract cost or with a higher monthly contract price, you can pay less for each service.
To get your personalized quote, shop plans now.
Single Family Home and multi-residential units are subject to a total maximum of 10,000 square feet. Townhome, condominiums, and mobile homes must be 5,000 square feet or less.
Yes. For covered malfunctions, AHS will repair or replace the appliance. We’ll even pay to haul away your old defective unit. AHS has the sole right to determine, according to the terms of this contract, whether a covered item will be repaired or replaced.
When making repairs, AHS reserves the right to rebuild existing parts or components and/or to install rebuilt parts or components.
When making replacements, AHS is responsible for installing replacement equipment and parts of similar features, capacity, and efficiency, but not for matching dimensions, brand or color. AHS is not responsible for matching any features of an existing item that does not contribute to the primary function of that item.
AHS will not repair or replace malfunctions covered by a manufacturer, distributor, builder, or an extended warranty
Your effective contract date begins 30 days after your order. When you buy online, the date your plan starts shows on the confirmation page and in your email confirmation!
We don’t charge you until your coverage starts, but you can still set up your customer MyAccount to keep your service history organized, and access maintenance services and member benefits.
You may also request a delayed start date by contacting us at 888.682.1043.
†New Jersey Residents: The product being offered is a service contract and is separate and distinct from any product or service warranty which may be provided by the home builder or manufacturer.