Home Plumbing (including stoppages) Warranty Coverage
Home Warranties Explained
Plumbing issues cause significant stress for homeowners, not to mention major costs. Your plumbing system is an integral part of your home, and when you encounter a problem with this system, you're in need of a skilled repair. With an American Home Shield® home warranty, you can rest easy knowing that your home plumbing system is protected in the event of a malfunction.
When you encounter a covered plumbing problem, no matter how big or how small, contact AHS for help. You will be connected to a licensed, professional service contractor who will diagnose your plumbing problem. Then, your service contractor will propose a repair or replacement to quickly remedy the problem. You will pay a Trade Service Call Fee as outlined in your contract to cover the visit. Next time a plumbing problem strikes, enjoy the budget protection that an AHS home service plan can provide.
Compare Plans with Home Plumbing Warranty Coverage
AHS offers three home warranty plans that provide home plumbing warranty coverage, giving you the flexibility to select the right plan for your household. You can choose the systems and appliances you want covered and purchase that protection.
- The ShieldSilver™ plan helps protect components of 14 major systems that keep your home running, including electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and plumbing systems.
- The ShieldGold™ plan provides the benefits of the ShieldSilver™ plan but also covers parts of up to 23 essential appliances and systems that you use every day. This means that your home appliances, in addition to the major components of home systems, are covered in this all-inclusive plan.
- The ShieldPlatinum™ plan is our best plan yet to help you protect your home and keep it running smoothly. It covers everything in ShieldGold™, plus roof leak repair and includes coverage boosts like unlimited air conditioner refrigerant and a free annual HVAC tune-up.
What's Covered in the Home Plumbing Warranty Coverage?
An AHS home warranty delivers expansive coverage of the major components and parts of your plumbing system. Your home service plan contract will provide a detailed explanation of precisely which plumbing issues, parts, and components are covered. This warranty covers a range of parts of your plumbing system, including the following:
- Shower heads, shower arms, and valves for shower, tub, and diverter
- Built-in bathtub whirlpool motor, pump, and air switch assemblies
- Plumbing sewage ejector pump
- Angle stops, risers and gate valves, hose bibs, and basket strainers
Many plumbing issues involve stoppages and clogged drains or pipes. These stoppages in the sink, bathtub, shower and toilets may be covered by your AHS® warranty, depending on the cause of the stoppage. In addition, clearing of lateral drain line stoppages up to 100 feet from the access point are included in your warranty per terms and conditions of your contract.
Some larger plumbing issues require accessing pipes through walls, ceilings and floors. AHS service contractors will enter through unobstructed walls, ceilings, and floors and return these areas to a rough finish when the work is complete. In instances where the plumbing is behind a concrete floor, wall or ceiling, AHS pays up to $1,000 per contract term for access, diagnosis, repair or replacement.
When a water leak or clogged drain occurs, don't stress. An AHS home warranty offers broad coverage of many plumbing failures, allowing you to remedy these problems. Invest in the right coverage for your plumbing system from a home warranty today.
Suggested Plan For You
With a ShieldSilver™ home service plan, you will be covered for the replacement or repair of the components of many key home systems, including the Plumbing System.