Home Electrical Warranty Coverage
Home Warranties Explained
Your homeowners insurance policy provides protection in the event of natural disaster, fire or theft. Everyday breakdowns of your home systems typically aren't covered by homeowners insurance, which is why American Home Shield® is here to help. AHS home warranties offer coverage of major components of many home systems, including your electrical system, and this coverage picks up where your homeowners insurance policy leaves off. AHS home warranties provide broad coverage of many common electrical malfunctions.
When your electrical system is covered, there's no need to stress when you experience a problem. When covered malfunctions occur, AHS will connect you to a qualified, professional service contractor who will diagnose the problem and, if the problem is covered, identify a solution by repairing or replacing the failed component or part. You'll be relieved of the hassle of finding a reliable service professional, and you'll typically only pay a Trade Service Call Fee for the visit. All three of the AHS home service plans include Electrical System coverage so you can select the plan that works best for you based on the protection you need for your systems and appliances.
Compare Home Warranty Plans with Home Electrical Coverage
Major components of your home's electrical system are covered by all three AHS home service plans. Learn more about each home service plan with electrical system coverage to find the one that best suits your family's needs.
- The ShieldSilver™ plan helps protect components of 14 major systems that keep your home running, including electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and plumbing systems.
- The ShieldGold™ plan provides the benefits of the ShieldSilver™ plan but also covers parts of up to 23 essential appliances and systems that you use every day. This means that your home appliances, in addition to the major components of home systems, are covered in this all-inclusive plan.
- The ShieldPlatinum™ plan is our best plan yet to help you protect your home and keep it running smoothly. It covers everything in ShieldGold™, plus roof leak repair and includes coverage boosts like unlimited air conditioner refrigerant and a free annual HVAC tune-up.
What's Covered in a Home Warranty with Electrical System Coverage?
AHS home service plans include many components and parts of your electrical system. This broad coverage includes the following:
- Direct current wiring
- Built-in exhaust, vents and attic fans
Some features of a home's electrical system are not covered by our home service plans. Excluded parts of your system are as follows:
- Face plates
- Circuit overload
- Wiring for audio, video, computer, intercom, cable, alarms and other security systems
When your home's electrical system malfunctions, you need expert assistance. AHS's home service plans with coverage for electrical systems are designed to provide this efficient service. Our qualified, professional service contractors are capable of diagnosing, repairing and replacing electrical system parts and components to ensure that your malfunction is remedied in no time. Enjoy the reliability and security of an AHS home service plan, which includes coverage ofmajor components of your home's electrical system.
Suggested Plan For You
With a ShieldSilver™ plan, you will be covered for the replacement or repair of the components of many key home systems, including the Electrical system.