Home Heating and Ductwork Warranty Coverage
Home Warranties Explained
Your heating system is an essential system in your home, especially when temperatures get chilly. When you experience a malfunction with your heating system, chances are your stress levels immediately begin to rise. You probably don't know how to repair the heating system yourself, and you're working against time as your house begins to lose its warmth. Even more, you might worry about the expense of the repair or replacement of your heating system.
American Home Shield® offers several home warranty plans with heating system coverage that can help ease your worries. When your heating system experiences a covered malfunction, simply contact an AHS representative online or via phone to be connected to a qualified, professional service contractor. This service contractor will diagnose your heating problem and recommend a repair or replacement. You'll pay a Trade Service Call Fee and any other fees as outlined in your contract. Best of all, you'll enjoy expert service on your heating system so that you won't be left in the cold for too long.
Compare Home Warranty Plans with Home Heating Warranty Coverage
As a home system, your heating system is covered by all three AHS home service plans. Select one of the following home service plans with coverage for heating systems based on your household's needs:
- The ShieldSilver™ plan helps protect components of 14 major systems that keep your home running, including heating and cooling systems, electrical systems, and plumbing systems.
- The ShieldGold™ plan provides the benefits of the ShieldSilver™ plan but also covers parts of up to 23 essential appliances and systems that you use every day. This means that your home appliances, in addition to the major components of home systems, are covered in this all-inclusive plan.
- The ShieldPlatinum™ plan is our best plan yet to help you protect your home and keep it running smoothly. It covers everything in ShieldGold™, plus roof leak repair and includes coverage boosts like unlimited air conditioner refrigerant and a free annual HVAC tune-up.
What's Covered in a Home Warranty with Heating System Coverage?
AHS's home service plans with Home Heating System Coverage covers heating units up to a 5-ton capacity. Many components and parts of the following heating systems will be covered:
- Forced air systems, including gas, electric and oil
- Geothermal systems
- Wall-mounted heaters
- Hot water or steam-circulating heating systems
- Electric baseboards
- Room heaters
In addition, the following parts of the ductwork are covered under an AHS® heating system warranty:
- Damper-only controls
- Leaks or breaks in ductwork
When these covered components or parts of your heating system fail, contact AHS to schedule your repair. The protection of an AHS home service plan can save you stress and help control expenses over time. After all, the average cost of a furnace repair or replacement can range from $150 to $4,180*. Don't let that expense become your burden.
*Repair and replacement costs are average U.S. costs as reported in A Study of Homeowners’ Appliance and Home Systems Service Experiences, a nationwide survey conducted in 2017 by Decision Analyst for American Home Shield. Further use or reproduction of this data is expressly prohibited.
Suggested Plan For You
With a ShieldSilver™ plan, you will be covered for the replacement or repair of the components of many key home systems, including the Heating and Ductwork.