Whether for home, work, or fun, we certainly rely on our electronics to make our lives more convenient and efficient. We gather around our televisions for movie nights, use our smart home products to automate our everyday tasks, stay connected with friends and family via video calls on our tablets, and save our important personal and work documents on our laptops and desktop computers. Let’s be honest, without these items, we would be lost!
Electronics Protection is Available to American Home Shield Members
Based on the number of electronics you have in your home and your household’s needs, it may make sense for you to consider the Electronics Protection Plan. As an American Home Shield member, you can easily add electronics protection to your existing home service plan during the first 60 days of your membership to protect many of the electronics under your roof, no matter where or when you bought them.
What Does the Electronics Protection Plan Cover?
Specific electronic devices that are covered include:
- Desktops, laptops, tablets
- External hard drives
- Gaming systems
- Select smart home products
- Computer accessories
- DVD/Blu-Ray Players
- Digital Cameras
- Home Routers
- Home Theater Systems
Coverage applies to:
- Defects in materials/workmanship
- Product breakdowns due to normal use
- Mechanical and electrical failures
- Power surges
The Electronics Protection Plan is provided by Allstate Protection Plans and can only be purchased in conjunction with an American Home Shield home service plan. View the full terms, conditions, and coverage details here.
How Does the Electronics Protection Plan Work?
If you experience mechanical and electrical failures due to normal use with any of the products covered by the Electronics Protection Plan as listed above, you can submit a claim 24/7 with our third-party provider. Many claims are approved instantly. For others, a specialist will guide you through next steps. When you file a claim, you will pay a service fee of $75, $100, or $125 based on the trade service call fee that you selected when you signed up for your American Home Shield home service plan.
For smaller products, our third-party provider will send you a prepaid shipping label so you can mail it in for repair. For larger products, such as televisions, a convenient in-home service appointment will be arranged. If the failure is covered and the item can’t be repaired, you will receive a replacement item or reimbursement for the cost of a replacement product (up to the per claim coverage amount).
There is a $2,000 per claim limit and an aggregate claim limit of $5,000 during a 12-month period.
Benefits of the Electronics Protection Plan
- Any eligible electronics you own, plus eligible electronics you buy while your Electronics Protection Plan is active, are automatically covered. It doesn’t matter where or when you bought them, and you can cover as many products as you need.
- No more collecting and keeping track of receipts. Your receipt is not required to file a claim with an Electronics Protection Plan and you don’t need to register your products or sign a contract.
- All electronics brands are covered.
- Most manufacturers’ warranties only cover one specific item for a set amount of time and typically only cover defects in materials or workmanship. With the Electronics Protection Plan, you can cover as many eligible products – new and existing – for as long as your plan is active. The Electronics Protection Plan also covers mechanical and electrical failures during normal use, including power surges.
- You can quickly and easily file a claim online 24/7.
- If your item can’t be repaired, you will receive a replacement item or be reimbursed for the cost of a replacement product (up to the $2,000 per claim coverage amount).
- The Electronics Protection Plan includes premium tech support. Certified technicians are ready to help you set up a new Wi-Fi enabled purchase, connect your device to Wi-Fi, and provide tech support advice.
If an Electronics Protection Plan makes sense for your household, you can add it to your plan within the first 60 days of coverage by calling 1-888-481-0760.