Home Well Pump Warranty Coverage
Home Warranties Explained
Don't let a malfunctioning well pump halt your home water supply. Because well pumps are key to your home’s everyday activities, they need protection from a home warranty plan. Contact AHS when your well pump malfunctions and our team will connect you to a qualified, professional service contractor who will diagnose your malfunction. This visit will require a Trade Service Call Fee, as outlined in your contract. Additional charges may apply depending on the necessary repair. Shortly thereafter, you will enjoy an expert repair or replacement of your failing well pump.
Your well pump is subject to a number of potential malfunctions. Even though this pump can last for 10 years or more, the occasional breakdown can occur. When issues arise, don't worry about the hassle of finding a skilled contractor or paying for the repair. Instead, turn to your AHS home warranty to troubleshoot your well pump malfunction.
Compare Home Warranty Plans with Home Well Pump Coverage
Coverage for your home well pump is available through all three AHS home warranties. You can add the option for well pump coverage to any of the following plans:
- The ShieldSilver™ plan helps protect components of 14 major systems that keep your home running, including electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, and plumbing systems.
- The ShieldGold™ plan provides the benefits of the ShieldSilver™ plan but also covers parts of up to 23 essential appliances and systems that you use every day. This means that your home appliances, in addition to the major components of home systems, are covered in this all-inclusive plan.
- The ShieldPlatinum™ plan is our best plan yet to help you protect your home and keep it running smoothly. It covers everything in ShieldGold™, plus roof leak repair and includes coverage boosts like unlimited air conditioner refrigerant and a free annual HVAC tune-up.
What's Covered in a Home Warranty with Well Pump Coverage?
When your well pump is used as the source of your home's water, your home warranty covers most parts and components of the pump. During your contract term, AHS will pay up to $1,500 for the access, diagnosis, and repair or replacement of your well pump. You will be responsible for any expenses beyond $1,500.
Some exclusions apply to the well pump warranty coverage. The following parts and components are not covered.
- Above or underground piping, cable or electrical lines leading to or from the well pump, including those that are located within the well casing
- Well casings
- Pressure switches not located on the pump
- Holding, storage, or pressure tanks
- Booster pumps
- Redrilling of wells
- Well pump and all well pump components for geothermal and/or water source heat pumps
Help protect your home well pump with reliable warranty coverage from AHS.
Suggested Plan For You
With a ShieldGold™ or ShieldPlatinum™ plan, you will be covered for the replacement or repair of the components of up to 23 key home appliances and systems. The ShieldPlatinum™ plan even includes roof leak repair coverage. Review the details of both plans and select the one that best meets the needs of your household. You can add the option for well pump coverage to both of these plans.