From winning more listings to building stronger relationships with your clients, a home warranty plan can help you and your clients in many ways.
Real estate professionals depend on a wide variety of tools to help them gain listings, satisfy clients, close deals, strengthen relationships, and build business. American Home Shield® Home Warranty Plans can be important additions to every agent’s toolkit, providing valuable benefits for home buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals alike.
Home warranty plans can help. . .
- Win more listings. When agents include home warranty plan coverage, their service sets them apart from agents who don't include the coverage. An AHS Home Warranty Plan can also help homes stand out from others on the market, giving listings a competitive advantage.
- Build stronger client relationships. When transactions go smoothly, clients are happier and are more likely to refer friends and family to their agent. They are also more likely to become repeat clients for future real estate transactions.
- With risk management. Retaining a signed acceptance or waiver of home warranty coverage for each client may help mitigate risk management issues. Giving clients a resource to call for covered repair assistance also helps protect the client relationship and frees real estate professionals to focus on the next deal.
- Provide budget protection for buyers in low inventory markets. Sometimes markets with low inventories can drive housing prices up, requiring larger down payments from buyers. This could leave less available cash for unexpected home breakdowns after closing and move-in, making the budget protection provided by a home warranty plan even more important.
- Sellers with home inspections. In addition to helping to protect covered systems while the home is on the market, an AHS Home Warranty Plan with Sellers Coverage Option* can help mitigate covered issues noted in the home inspection report. This protection can offer important reassurance to buyers and help keep transactions on track.
- With multiple offers. Paying for an AHS Home Warranty Plan with Sellers Coverage Option gives sellers the benefit of major home system protection between contract acceptance and closing at no cost to them. This can help buyers’ offers stand out from others.
For questions or more information about how American Home Shield Home Warranty Plans can bring value to real estate transactions, contact your AHS Account Executive, visit ahs.com/realestate, or call 800.735.4663.
*Subject to a $2,000 cap for all trades during the listing period. An AHS Home Warranty Plan covers major components of many home systems and appliances, but not necessarily the entire system or appliance. Please review the AHS contract for limitations and exclusions.