Saving money on unexpected repairs is one benefit of a home warranty. Give peace of mind this Christmas by giving someone an American Home Shield home warranty!
Are you scrambling to find the perfect Christmas gift for a loved one? Do you have a homeowner on your list who seems to have everything? Maybe you should consider giving American Home Shield® home warranty coverage this holiday season. It’s the gift that keeps on giving throughout the year, it’s easy to wrap, and you don’t have to worry about whether it’s the right size. Here are some reasons why home warranties make good gifts:
- A home warranty is a one-year service agreement that covers the repair or replacement of many major home system components and appliances that typically break down over time due to normal wear and tear. It helps protect a homeowner’s budget against the potentially high costs of unexpected, covered breakdowns.
- If you have someone on your list who’s purchasing a new home, an AHS® Home Warranty would make a great combination holiday and closing gift. In addition to offering budget protection, in the event of a covered malfunction, an AHS Home Warranty also offers access to a Nationwide Network of repair professionals. This network can be a great resource for new homeowners, particularly if they have relocated to an unfamiliar area and don’t know who to call for help.
- Home warranties can be especially beneficial for first-time homeowners, too. Oftentimes, first-time homebuyers stretch their finances to afford all the costs associated with a real estate transaction and moving expenses. They’ll likely appreciate the added budget protection that a home warranty offers.
- Perhaps you have an older relative on your list who could use the budget reassurance and access to qualified repair professionals that a home warranty provides. AHS Home Warranty contracts include the repair or replacement of covered items, regardless of their age, make, or model.
- With AHS, you can choose the home warranty plan that best fits your recipient’s needs:
- The Systems Plan covers components of a home’s major systems, such as air conditioning and heating, electrical and plumbing, water heaters, garbage disposals, water dispensers, central vacuums, smoke detectors, doorbells, and ceiling fans.
- The Appliances Plan covers home appliances, such as refrigerators, dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers, ranges/ovens/cooktops, built-in microwaves, free-standing ice makers, trash compactors, garage door openers, and built-in food processors.
- The Combo Plan offers coverage for both home system components and appliances.
- For further customization, you can choose optional Add-Ons to cover items like pool/spa, water softener, well pump, and septic pump.
- In addition to budget protection, with a home warranty gift you’re also giving a streamlined service request process when a covered item breaks down. As all homeowners know, system and appliance malfunctions always seem to happen at the worst possible times, and finding reliable, available repair help can be difficult. Instead of scrambling to find a qualified repair professional when a covered breakdown occurs, AHS Home Warranty customers simply:
- Call or request service online (24 hours a day)
- Have a local repair professional assigned
- Pay a small, predetermined service fee for each visit ($75, $100, or $125)
- Have their covered item repaired or replaced
- There are home warranty pricing and plans for every budget and home, and it’s easy to get a personalized quote and explore plan options online.
This holiday season, think outside the traditional gift box and give the practical value of home warranty coverage. The benefits of a home warranty can be enjoyed long after the holidays are over and will never go out of style. Plus, you won’t have to fight for a parking place at the mall or stand in a long line to pay.