Saving money on unexpected repairs is one benefit of a home warranty. Give peace of mind this Christmas by giving someone an American Home Shield home warranty!
Are you scrambling to find the perfect Christmas gift for a loved one? Do you have a homeowner on your list who seems to have everything? Maybe you should consider giving American Home Shield® home warranty coverage this holiday season. It’s the gift that keeps on giving throughout the year, it’s easy to wrap, and you don’t have to worry about whether it’s the right size. Here are some reasons why home warranties make good gifts:
- A home warranty is a one-year service agreement that covers the repair or replacement of many major home system components and appliances that typically break down over time due to normal wear and tear. It helps protect a homeowner’s budget against the potentially high costs of unexpected, covered breakdowns.
- If you have someone on your list who’s purchasing a new home, an AHS® home warranty would make a great combination holiday and closing gift. In addition to offering budget protection, an AHS home warranty also offers access to a nationwide network of independent, qualified contractors. This network can be a great resource for new homeowners, particularly if they have relocated to an unfamiliar area and don’t know who to call for help.
- Home warranties can be especially beneficial for first-time homeowners, too. Oftentimes, first-time homebuyers stretch their finances to afford all the costs associated with a real estate transaction and moving expenses. They’ll likely appreciate the added budget protection that a home warranty offers.
- Perhaps you have an older relative on your list who could use the budget reassurance and access to qualified repair professionals that a home warranty provides. An AHS home warranty plan includes the repair or replacement of covered items, regardless of their age, make, or model.
- With AHS, you can choose the home warranty plan that best fits your recipient’s needs:
ShieldSilver™ plan: Covers 14 major home systems. ShieldSilver protects the must-haves in your home, is a safety net for your budget, and keeps your home running smoothly.
ShieldGold™ plan: Covers 14 major home systems plus nine appliances you use every day. ShieldGold protects your home systems, as well as the kitchen and laundry appliances you rely on. If something goes awry, the ShieldGold plan helps keep your life on track.
ShieldPlatinum™ plan: The ShieldPlatinum plan is our most thorough plan so you can focus on living and leave the home repairs to us. It covers everything in ShieldGold plus roof leak repair, unlimited A/C refrigerant, and 1 free HVAC tune-up per contract term.
- For further customization, you can choose optional Add-Ons to cover items like pool/spa, water softener, well pump, and septic pump.
- In addition to budget protection, with a home warranty gift you’re also giving a streamlined service request process when a covered item breaks down. As all homeowners know, system and appliance malfunctions always seem to happen at the worst possible times, and finding reliable, available repair help can be difficult. Instead of scrambling to find a qualified repair professional when a covered breakdown occurs, AHS members simply:
- Call or request service online (24 hours a day)
- Have a local repair professional assigned
- Pay a small, predetermined service fee for each visit ($75, $100, or $125)
- Have their covered item repaired or replaced
- There are home warranty pricing and plans for every budget and home. It’s easy to get a personalized quote and explore plan options online.
This holiday season, think outside the traditional gift box and give the practical value of home warranty coverage. The benefits of a home warranty can be enjoyed long after the holidays are over and will never go out of style. Plus, you won’t have to fight for a parking place or stand in a long line to pay.
AHS assumes no responsibility, and specifically disclaims all liability, for your use of any and all information contained herein.