One benefit of having an AHS Home Warranty Plan with the Seller Coverage option is that no payment is needed from the sellers until closing, when the warranty plan transfers to the buyers.
When home sellers choose an American Home Shield® Home Warranty Plan with the Seller Coverage Option*, buyers aren’t the only ones who benefit. For up to six months, until the coverage transfers to the buyers, sellers enjoy all the advantages of AHS ShieldEssentialSM package protection while the home is listed. ShieldEssential includes coverage for major components of the most crucial home systems that are the most expensive to repair or replace, including heating, air conditioning, plumbing, and more.
Household breakdowns can happen even when a home is on the market. Stressful at anytime, home system malfunctions can cause additional anxiety for sellers because of showing appointments and reluctance to sink a lot of money into repairs or replacements in a home they are leaving. Knowing that they have AHS (R) protection can alleviate a lot of the worry and concern for sellers about inevitable breakdowns of covered items.
AHS coverage can help sellers:
- Differentiate their property from others on the market
- Offer additional value to prospective buyers
- Attract interest in the home
- Reassure potential buyers that they won’t have to worry about the expenses of repairs or replacements on covered items
- Manage their own expenses for covered home system repairs or replacements while the home is listed
- Mitigate unexpected, covered issues from the home inspection to help keep the sale on track
- Rest easy knowing they can submit a service request for covered repairs online or over the phone, 24/7
- Show an element of good faith toward potential buyers
- Take advantage of special AHS Real Estate Pricing
Another important benefit of having an AHS Home Warranty Plan with the Seller Coverage option is that no payment is needed from the sellers until closing, when the warranty plan transfers to the buyers. With AHS coverage, sellers can focus on their move and on budgeting for their next home, enjoying a less stressful selling process.
For questions or more information about how American Home Shield Home Warranty Plans can be beneficial for buyers, sellers, and real estate professionals, contact your dedicated AHS Account Executive, visit ahs.com/realestate, or call 800.735.4663.
*Subject to a $2,000 cap for all trades during the listing period. An AHS Home Warranty Plan covers major components of many home systems and appliances, but not necessarily the entire system or appliance. Please review the AHS contract for limitations and exclusions.
AHS assumes no responsibility, and specifically disclaims all liability, for your use of any and all information contained herein.