- To ensure efficient operation, check filters every month. Clean or replace as needed.
- Have annual system maintenance service performed one month before the cooling season begins.
- Keep the condensing unit free of debris.
- Trim shrubs and plants near condensing unit to ensure proper air flow/circulation.
- Bent condensing unit fins can be straightened with a fine comb.
Air Conditioning Quick Fixes
Problem: Water leaks into the walls or ceiling.
- Make sure the drain line is not restricted and condensation drains freely.
Problem: Unit constantly cycles on and off.
- Call a qualified professional to clean the evaporator unit and fan.
Problem: Air conditioner doesn't make air cold enough.
- Keep area around the exterior condensing unit clear of leaves, bushes and other obstructions to ensure adequate airflow.
- Clean or replace air filter.
- Create shade for the unit.
- Secure the insulation firmly to the suction line (large line) and replace any worn-out insulation.