1. Who has the pricier palace, movie stars or politicians? Select the location with the highest median home value of $470,000:
- Washington, D.C.
- Los Angeles
2. Is it more expensive to live under the Golden Gate Bridge or in the golden sunshine of Hawaii? Select the location with the highest median home value of $750,900:
- San Francisco
3. East Coast or West Coast? One of these cities has a median home value of $374,000 and the other comes in more than $100K higher at $477,800. Which is higher?
- San Diego
4. How low can you go? Which location do you think has the lowest median home value at $48,100?
- Idaho Falls, ID
- Youngstown, OH
- Temple, TX
5. The home of the Masters or the King of Rock ’n’ Roll? Which city has a higher median home value of $102,800?
- Memphis, TN
- Augusta, GA
Answers: 1. b, 2. a, 3. b, 4. b, 5. b
Home values based upon Kiplinger’s 2013 Highest/Lowest Property Value Ranking by City.
DID YOU KNOW:
A home that has a home warranty sells on average
10.73 days faster and for $2,314 more?* Find out more.
* Information above is based on data collected by AHS and a large national real estate firm of the firm’s listings that closed between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012. We studied 24,230 listings from across the country ranging in price from $100,000 to $500,000. These results were verified by Cannon & Company, a third party accounting firm. ©2014 American Home Shield Corporation. All rights reserved.