One of the exhilarating things about being a real estate professional is that every day is different. Each workday brings its own challenges, curveballs, rewards, and accomplishments. Although you never know what 24 hours hold, most agents find it helpful to have a list of tasks that need attention on a daily or regular basis. Here are some suggestions to add to your own personal checklist:
- Respond to email and text messages. Replying swiftly to clients and colleagues helps move deals forward and shows that you care about providing excellent service.
- Check local market activity. Keeping up with area real estate sales and pricing can help you strategize and answer client questions accurately.
- Follow industry news. Knowing what’s trending in real estate and what’s happening in the economic and financial worlds can help you anticipate market highs and lows and act instead of reacting.
- Touch base with current buyers and sellers to update them. Communicating regularly with clients and keeping them in the loop lets them know that you’re working hard on their behalf.
- Track contract deadlines and milestones. Keeping a close eye on contract timeframes helps avoid important missed dates and helps you anticipate any speedbumps that may crop up along the way.
- Check MLS listing activity. See what listings have garnered attention and changed status to stay abreast of local market changes.
- Connect on social media. Prepare posts, respond to comments, and check-in with friends and clients to stay in touch.
- Handle lead generation and prospecting activities. Responding promptly to leads and actively prospecting can help you gain listings, clients, and increase sales.
- Create and/or order marketing materials. Take inventory of materials on hand and what you will need for upcoming client meetings, home showings, open houses, and prospecting. Order additional pieces before busy seasons.
- Schedule showings and meetings. Keeping your calendar updated by looking ahead daily, weekly, and monthly can help you have a clear picture of what’s ahead.
- Touch base with colleagues. Plan a coffee or lunch with other agents to help maintain good industry contacts.
- Order and manage American Home Shield® home warranties. Home warranty coverage adds significant value to every real estate transaction for buyers, sellers, and agents. American Home Shield’s Partner Portal makes it easy to order new home warranty plans and manage current ones. You can use partner portal to:
- Conveniently enter new home warranty orders from your mobile device or desktop
- Send escrow invoices and order confirmations right from your account
- Easily view, download, and share marketing collateral
For more information about the many advantages of American Home Shield home warranties and Partner Portal, contact your American Home Shield Account Manager or visit ahs.com.
AHS assumes no responsibility, and specifically disclaims all liability, for your use of any and all information contained herein.